Motorola Droid X devices require that an SMTP username and SMTP password is used when sending emails. This appears to be a change from the previous Droid’s software.
To setup email on a Droid X, you need an SMTP server that can accept an SMTP username/password. The setup instructions below show how to use SMTP2Go, which has a free SMTP server that can be used.
- If you haven’t already, get a free SMTP2Go account
- Select Outgoing Server
- Enter SMTP server: smtp2go.com
- Deactivate check on both Use Secure connection and Verify Certificate
- Enter Port: 2525
- Enter your SMTP2Go BILLING email address into Username (the complete email address)
- Enter your SMTP2Go password into Password
- Tap on OK
Please note: if you are still unable to send, please try using SMTP port 25, 8025 or 587.
Verizon Droid X users may benefit from using SMTP server port80.smtp2go.com and SMTP port 80.